Dear Friends and Family,
January has blown by, and the past few weeks have been as encouraging as they have been quick! As we begin a new year, God continues to remind me of both of the necessity and the power of prayer. Thank you for partnering with us by praying for the ministry in Denmark!
As I mentioned in my update, our team recently found ourselves in Lund, Sweden in preparation for The Bridge conference. In recent months, my heart has been grieved to see the depth of spiritual darkness in Sweden. Our missionary friends in Lund have told us that of the 10 million people living in Sweden, it’s estimated that only a few hundred thousand attend church on a regular basis. Moreover, of the 45,000 university students in Lund, approximately 200 are Christians–that’s less than 0.4% of the student population.
Would you join me in praying for the student ministry in Sweden? Here are a few prayer requests from the team on the ground in Lund:
- Pray that the 13 Swedish student leaders would love Jesus passionately and would lead other students out of the overflow of that love.
- Pray for the kick-off of a new school and ministry semester in Lund which began this week. May this be a semester where more Swedish students encounter Jesus!
- Pray that God would change the spiritual atmosphere on the campuses in Lund. May these campuses be places where Jesus is spoken of openly and regularly and where students are awakened to the urgency of the gospel.
In addition, there are two ways you can pray for my team in Copenhagen:
- Pray for our ongoing preparations for “The Bridge” our annual student conference (February 9-11). I will be speaking on “Refreshing Evangelism” at this conference. Pray that the students who attend from Denmark, Sweden, and Latvia would be impassioned to know Jesus more and to make Him know.
- Pray for our team as we attend our STINT mid-year conference alongside over a hundred other missionaries from around the world. Pray that this would be a restful and worshipful time for all who attend and that we would return to our respective countries with fresh vision and anticipation for the remainder of this year
The next few weeks will be incredibly busy for my team, but we are excited for what the Lord has in store. I look forward to updating you on all that He accomplishes during this time!
Yours in fulfilling the Great Commission,