Hope Institute Ministry Year Internship
Fall 2020 to Spring 2021
The Hope Institute Ministry Internship is a part-time, approximately 10 hours per week, paid September 2020 - April 2021 leadership development experience for men and women exploring the possibility that God is calling them into vocational ministry. Ideally the intern would be enrolled in Bible College or Seminary preparing for vocational ministry while participating in the internship. Interns will grow in their understanding of church ministry while giving them a glimpse into a possible future in vocational church ministry. The focus of the internship will be on the development of character, convictions, competency, and exploring calling into vocational church ministry. Interns will engage weekly in intentional learning, participate in ministry, and be mentored over the course of the internship.
Consideration for the internship will be through application. Applicants can apply by submitting a three minute (maximum) video communicating their desire for the internship and for vocational ministry along with a resume that includes references (friend, employer, and church leader). Applications will be received until August 28, 2020.
*You can find the full application form at the bottom of this page.
At the end of the internship the intern will have . . .
- Identified next steps in the discovery and development of their calling to vocational (gospel) ministry.
- Created healthy spiritual disciplines that help them to train for godliness (1 Timothy 4:7) and keep a close watch on themselves and the teaching (1 Timothy 4:16).
- Understood that faithfulness to God is the essence of successful (gospel) ministry.
- Affirmed and is pursuing dependence on God and humility in life and ministry.
- Embraced the critical importance of the following for local church ministry:
- Proclaiming the authority of God’s Word without apology. 2 Timothy 4:2
- Lifting high the name of Jesus through worship. John 4:2
- Believing firmly in the power of prayer. Ephesians 6:18
- Sharing the good news of Jesus with boldness. Ephesians 6:19-20
- A philosophy of ministry that leads to a discipleship pathway (5G Life). Ephesians 4:11-16
- Been involved in various areas of church ministry.
- Received feedback on their strengths and weaknesses, helping them establish a personal development plan.
- Grown in their development in preaching/teaching of God’s Word.