Due to COVID-19 we have made the decision to postpone internships and residencies at this time.
The Hope Bible Church Ministry Internship is a short-term leadership development experience for men and women exploring the possibility that God is calling them into vocational ministry. Interns will grow in their understanding of a specific area of church ministry while giving them a glimpse into a possible future in vocational church ministry.
The focus of the internship will be on the development of character, convictions, competency, and exploring calling into vocational church ministry. Interns will engage in intentional learning, participate in ministry, and be mentored over the course of the internship.
Access to the internship is by online application starting February 1, 2020. The 2020 Hope Ministry Internships will run Tuesday, May 19, 2020, to Thursday, August 13, 2020, and will be up to 40 hours per week and paid or unpaid as applicable. Applications are open until February 29, 2020.
Ministry Interns will...
- Start and finish the program on assigned dates.
- Participate in orientation program for Hope Ministry Internship.
- Participate in regular ministry as assigned.
- Meet weekly with other interns for learning (this will involve reading and Bible Study as prep).
- Meet weekly for dinner with interns and church leaders (purpose is to meet other church leaders, interaction in a more social environment to talk life and ministry).
- Participate in regular all-staff events/meetings.
- Participate in regular ministry area staff meetings.
- Meet weekly with their ministry supervisor for ministry development and mentoring.
- Participate in the final review near the end of the internship.
Hi, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2020 Hope Institute Internships. Thanks so much for your interest.
Our heart at Hope Bible Church is to see leaders developed for the Church of Jesus Christ in Canada and around the world. Residencies are full-time one-year church leadership experiences for men and women who are called into vocational ministry, have completed, or are about to complete seminary education, and have a desire to be immersed in the life of Hope Bible Church.
The Hope Institute will create a common residency experience that can be applied across areas of ministry in the church (Pastoral, Church Planting, Adult, Youth, Children, Worship, Missions). Residencies will focus on the development of character, convictions, capabilities, and experiencing the distinctives, culture, and philosophy of ministry of Hope Bible Church. Residents will serve among the staff team in a focused area of ministry and engage in theological learning and reflection during the course of the residency. Residents will also be mentored by pastoral staff during their residency.
Access to residencies is through application only. Residencies may by paid or unpaid positions and are offered in conjunction with partner churches. Hope Bible Church and partner churches do not place residents into ministry positions at the completion of the residency.