Our Ministry Purpose
Orphan care exists to support members of our church and community who are directly engaged in caring for orphans. We desire to provide a place for adoptive and foster parents to receive wrap-around support, guidance, community and prayer. For those not called to foster or adopted a child, there are many other ways to be involved with indirectly caring for orphans through a variety of support ministries including orphan prevention.
Scripture references: James 1:27, Isaiah 1:17, Psalm 82:3, Psalm 10:16-18
If you would like to be added to our communications list, please email your name and contact info to email@example.com
Orphan Care Events
Introduction to TBRI (Trust-Based Relational Intervention)
February 29 & March 7, 2020 (9:30am - 12:30pm both days)
1267 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek, ON
Introduction to TBRI is a high level overview of trauma informed caregiving. This is six hours of intensive training over two days for caregivers to learn how to support children who have experienced loss and trauma. This course is ideal for individuals who care for children who are adopted, in the foster care system or who have experienced trauma. Cost: $100 per individual For more information and to register visit www.biglittleheroes.ca/training
Orphan Care Ministry in Practice
Orphan Care Events
Locally provide support to families who are adopting and/or fostering through serving (childcare, practical needs), providing resources (groceries, meals, finances), and spiritual support (prayer).
Orphan care seeks to support local and global ministries that are actively keeping families together and as a result, contributing to orphan prevention.
The best place for a child to thrive is in a home where the light of Christ shines brightly. If the church and parachurch organizations can support families in crisis prior to the point when fundamental care for a child is at risk, then this is ideal for any child.
Please see the following ministries and organizations that help support Orphan Prevention...
- Compassion International: Holistic child development for vulnerable children to overcome poverty while discovering God’s love for them in the gospel.
- Little by Little: Supporting impoverished communities with economic opportunity specifically for orphan prevention
- Safe Families Canada: Temporarily host children and provide a network of support to families in crisis while they get back on their feet
- Biblical Counseling: Keep marriages and families whole
- Recovery Ministry: Those struggling with addictions can experience freedom through the truth of the gospel