Can I schedule recurring donations?
Yes, you can specify whether you want your contribution made weekly, twice per month, or monthly. You can set up as many schedules as you would like, so it is possible to give monthly as well as weekly concurrently.
Will I still receive a contribution statement?
Yes, we will mail your year-end giving statement directly to your home address. You may also log in online at any time to view your own personal giving history. Create an account today.
Is online giving secure?
We've taken steps to ensure that the giving process is safe and secure from beginning to end. It is the same technology used by banks and e-commerce companies such as Amazon.com to keep your information safe and secure during transactions.
For additional questions or for more information, contact us online or call the Hope Oakville office at 905-827-4888.
Yes you can. Please fill out the form below.
Can I give using e-transfer (email transfer)?
Yes, you can transfer using e-transfer. Please use the following instructions:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DONATIONS BY E-TRANSFER *
- Add Hope Bible Church Oakville as a new e-transfer recipient with the email address HopeEtransfer@HopeOakville.ca.
- Skip setting a security question as Hope Bible Church Oakville has Auto Deposit set up.
- As you make the transfer, select the recipient Hope Bible Church Oakville (that you set up in Step 1).
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to include your name and address in the Message section of the transaction (we need this information to issue a tax receipt for this donation). We realized some online bank services limit comments to only 40 characters, so please also send a separate e-mail with your name, address, and the amount of the donation separately to Finances@HopeOakville.ca.
- Hope Bible Church Oakville is not responsible for misdirected donations due to an incorrect email address.
Can I Donate Gifts of Eligible Securities (Stocks) to Hope?
When a donor has investment portfolios, they can donate in-kind gifts of securities. This is an attractive option for the donor because of the enhanced tax benefit, i.e. no capital gains tax.
As a Canadian Centre for Christian Charities (CCCC) member, our church has access to the CCCC Community Trust Fund (CTF). This fund has been in operation for over 30 years, and it provides churches and charities with the ability to receive gifts of securities from donors, even though we do not have a brokerage account. For a modest facilitation fee, CTF receives the securities, issues the official receipt for tax purposes to the donor, liquidates the securities, and sends Hope the cash proceeds. Part of the process will be to identify Hope to the CTF via our Charity Business Number, which is: 811037696 RR0001. CTF can also assist with Estate Planning.
Donors who want to explore this giving option can visit the CCCC CTF Donor section at www.cccc.org/ctf,call CCCC at 519-669-5137, or call Hope and ask for the Director of Finance.
How can I receive 2022 Offering Envelopes?
Given that many of you have moved to online giving, we are not automatically re-ordering boxed offering envelopes. If you do require a new set of 2022 boxed offering envelopes, please fill out the form below by November 15, 2021.
If you have any questions, email Finances@HopeOakville.ca.
Registered As: HOPE BIBLE CHURCH OAKVILLE
Charitable Registration Number: 811037696RR0001
"Each one must give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
2 Corinthians 9:7